Friday, July 27, 2012

Sarah Pinneo: Surviving Book Cover Drama

Sarah Pinneo--author of Julia's Child and host of the Blurb is a Verb blog--is talking book covers: surviving the drama.

She asked me the story behind my debut's cover--the beautiful face of BLEEDING HEARTS. It's no secret I ADORE my cover--and the artist who created the beautiful artwork that graces my novel.

Definitely no trauma in my past--the entire process was fun and exciting...I think that's because I am lucky to be working with an amazing editor and superb publisher who is as passionate about my novels as I am.

Here's something I didn't tell Sarah--Duncan Eagleson, the artist, said the painting of the bleeding hearts flowers is based on a photograph taken by his life partner, Moira Ashleigh.

Read Sarah's post on her blog:
Blurb is a Verb


Check out Sarah's beautiful cover for her book, Julia's Child, and learn more about Julia's Child at Sarah's website.

Do you have a cover story? What was it like putting a face on your book?

Every picture tells a thousand words...let's hear yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!