Monday, August 6, 2012

My So-Called Summer Vacation With Red Tash

Today I am guest posting at Red Tash Books.

She asked me what I did this summer. The real question should have been: What did I NOT do?

Back in May, I had my entire summer plotted out. I compiled a beautiful to-do list that had me on track to have my novel-in-progress at "first draft complete" status by end of July while deftly managing Boy Scout camp, Girl Scout camp, band camp. Gojo-ryu classes, a trip to Niagara Falls, crits on a friend's WIP, blog hopping in three events, laying a cement sidewalk, remembering to Frontline the dog, and keep the house free of dirty laundry. Oh, and go to work at the day job.

That list itself was a slap in the face to my so-called summer vacation. Where are the beach umbrellas, the lazy sounds of lapping waves? Not anywhere close to here.

Thankfully, the majority of the list went off without a hitch. It was the main track that failed.

Oh, well. Good to know that my distractions were all family-related. My family is enjoying their summer vacation, completely unaware of the nervous sweats I endure whenever I think about where I am on my novel WIP.

So, this morning I had some wonderful writing time to myself. Perfect chance to redeem myself, right?

Nah. I'm fooling around with Red Tash.

Enjoy my delinquency and see the post here.

Visit http://redtashbooks.com for more info on this saucy broad and for links to her YouTube sensational hit "In Bed With Red".

Check out the ebook The Wizard Takes A Holiday, now infestooned with tales by Ash Krafton and Claudia Lefeve.

1 comment:

  1. Как пример, оригинальный сайт hydra, в данном случае выставлены тематические средства заработка в глобальной сети. Самый доступный метод – многообразные биржи по оформлению документации и выполнению элементарных приемов в соц.сетях. Бывает большое количество хитростей заработать в глобальной сети. Проглядывая страницы сайта, вы запросто заметите множество вариантов для роста своего финансового положения.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!