I get apocalypse anxiety.
When the whole Mayan calender threat first hit the news, I hyperventilated. OMG. We'reallgonnadie.
My husband just rolled his eyes. He's used to my vapors.
I'd long ago forbade him to watch any disaster shows or movies. Anything with killer tsunamis or nuclear fall out or apocolypto-anything. Off limits. We are a disaster-free zone in this house, dammit.
I did sit through that movie about the caldera below Yellowstone National Park. It's just a matter of time. I know it. So keep your tales of boiling geysers and killer bears to yourselves, because the true danger is that big-ass supervolcano getting ready to erupt. I bet those damn Mayans have it hard-wired to go off in two weeks.
Of course, I take comfort in the words of my guru, prophet of the stars Neil DeGrasse Tyson, who recently Tweeted:
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Y'all should know by now that if the World were going to end for any cosmic reason, I'd tell you how and I'd tell you when.
I trust this guy. But still. Just in case the reason for our impending demise isn't a cosmic event, I've decided to go out, go with a bang...or at least a BLAST!
It's The End of the World Blog Hop
So before the end of the world happens, we are going to celebrate!
Be prepared for great reviews, marvelous posts, amazing interviews and breathtaking giveaways! The great thing is that this giveaway happens through December 22. And if the world doesn’t end, you have a great chance of winning some books!
- A Signed Copy of The Selection by Kiera Cass
- A Signed Copy of The Kissing Tree by Prudence Bice
- A Copy of Ascent of Blood by Elizabeth Marx
- 5 - E-book Copies of The Scavengers by Mike Parker
- An E-book Copy of Blood and Guitars by Heather Jensen
- An E-book Copy of Bleeding Hearts by Ash Krafton
- An E-book Copy of The Mine by John Heldt
- An E-book Copy of The Journey by John Heldt
- A Swag Bag from Ada Adams